What is the Simple Video Studio (SVS)?
The Simple Video Studio is a simple and easy-to-use video studio, which requires no previous video experience to operate. Walk-in use is welcome; reservations are recommended and have priority.
The SVS is in New Cabell Hall Room 277.
How to Use the SVS:
- make a reservation (walk-ins are also welcome when the space is not reserved)
- bring a USB drive (at least 500MB free) or borrow a drive from the Language Commons front desk
- make your video, following the on-screen steps
- review your video and edit it using your own video editor, or with available programs in the Language Commons
- recording class projects, group presentations, and skits
- practicing public speaking
- recording monologues - for theatrical tryouts or admissions videos
- course introductions - FACULTY can use the studio to make videos introducing your students to you, your course, etc.
Looking for professional-grade media equipment or support? Visit the Media Studio in Wilson Hall.