The Language Commons has equipment, software, and help resources to support the use of VR, AR, and other immersive technologies in language courses.
Equipment (check out from the LC):
- six Oculus Go headsets (for use in the LC)
- 30 Google Cardboard headsets (for use in class or in the LC with students' own devices)
- five cameras for developing 360 degree footage (for faculty use)
- Our VR for Language Learning guide is often updated, given the quickly-changing nature of these technologies and their pedagogical applications.
- Here is a list of the apps available on the six (6) Oculus Go headsets we have. We welcome requests for additional apps!
- Here are some activity ideas for using VR and immersive 360 video in language courses. We are developing a wider selection of sample VR activity plans for oculus and google cardboard; stay tuned for more information!
- Here is a guide to editing 360 degree videos, using Adobe Premiere (available in the LC) and here is a quick start overview!