To reserve LC space, please review our calendar, and request a reservation.
The Language Commons may be reserved by language instructors, departments, and programs, as well as student groups, for activities related to language and culture learning. We also regularly host workshops and activities to support and engage the UVA language learning community.Find events via our facebook page and events.
Take a Virtual Tour of the LC!
Language Commons Resources at a Glance:
- a language-focused environment for active learning
- space and resources to support class sessions and activities
- moveable, flexible furniture to foster collaboration and communication
- ePortfolio Peer Consultant hours
- instructional design support
- ibtiKart instructional resource cart supporting interactive class activities, games, discussions, and prototyping
- multilingual lending library and international games collection
- Immersive learning technologies (Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality)
- screen-sharing and presentation capabilities
- Mac and PC workstations
- international TV & music access