At a Glance
24 student Dell PC computers & 1 PC teacher station
- Software for Language Learning & Testing:
- SANS Virtuoso
- Available for class reservations via our reservation system
- Headphones with microphones available; webcams can be arranged
- When not reserved by an instructor, the lab is open for drop-in student use.
- Please Note: there is no printer in the lab.
What can my class do in the Language Lab?
Paired speaking practice
Oral exams (individual and paired)
Getting Started in the Lab
Meet with Lab Coordinator Michael Marsh-Soloway (mam7cd) to discuss how the lab can support your class activities (required for new users).
Attend a training session in the lab (find an upcoming training session on our Events page).
Reserve the lab in our online reservation system.
Prepare your files (videos, text files, audio) and any handouts needed for lab use. Contact us to be sure your files can be used in the lab.
If you plan to record student work, think about how you will save recordings (you might use UVABox, bring a USB flash drive, etc).